Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Weird crafts

When Railroad Salvage was still around, I bought this bizarre cross stitch kit, mainly because I couldn't figure out what the hell it was.

Seriously, what is this supposed to be? I vote for moldy dough with roses, or lop-sided pock-marked heart.  In any case, it probably cost about a dollar and was one of the many treasures I picked up at Railroad Salvage.  These included a "Please keep your ass off my desk" sign, which I leave at home, Jiving Jean Jackets, one of the most exciting sewing books a girl can own, and hipster sunglasses that may or may not have left a stain on my face the one time I wore them.

One night, I was almost locked into Railroad Salvage when the staff didn't realize my boyfriend at the time and I were still in there at closing time.  I have walked through unlit streets in Havana.  I still have never been more scared than the night I almost had to spend in RR Salvage.

Even though Railroad Salvage is gone, I still have plenty of very cheap and cheerful fabric, inappropriate craft books, and inexpensive zippers (yes they had a good sewing department) to remember them by.  And this dough heart/hatbox craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment