Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Jeans

Yesterday I realized I needed a new notebook and bought this hot one in San
Juan La Laguna. How we ended up here is a story you will hear in person.  
This is probably the first jeans-themed sketchbook I have ever bought. Let's hope it is not the last.  The paper is incredibly thin, and my friend from Guatemala tells me it's really hard to get decent paper in the country.  

I did a value sketch from Santiago Atitlan this morning. The vehicle in front is a Tuk-Tuk, a three wheeled scooter/taxi we ride around in.  Actually, the reason I ended up with a Jeans Notebook is because we were close to leaving too late to catch the last boat from San Pedro La Laguna to Pana, my friends found a Tuk-Tuk to drive us, there was some confusion at the counter about the price since I apparently sped through the Rosetta Stone lesson on numbers too quickly, my friends called my name to get in the Tuk-Tuk already, and hence no bargaining for a non-jeans-themed book.

Here's the painting, not quite finished, but we head for Antigua tomorrow so I packed my paints up and will finish it maƱana.


No comments:

Post a Comment