Monday, February 24, 2014

Line drawings from Panajachel y San Antonio

Today we spent time sketching.
As I was drawing some shops near Lake Atitlan in Pana, Juan approached and made far more conversation than my Spanish ability could handle, so I drew him. I think he is a waiter; at one point I looked up and half of the restaurant staff were crowded around us.
My friend later told me that Juan said I was going to put the sketch on the Internet and make him famous. Here you go!

We took a pick up truck (my friend who is a local Guatamalan and I weren't on the official tour at this point!) to nearby San Antonio. Once we got out, one of the women from the village invited us to visit her house. Outside her house was a cliff were we could sketch the lake and the churches.
Next we visited the churches and caught the pick up truck back to Pana, after talking with more local people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment