Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Alpaca parade

Yes, you read that right.  I won't be posting an alpaca parade per se, since the one time I witnessed an alpaca parade I was too caught up in the moment to sketch, but I will share my sketch of a participant.
I take a ton of reference photos since artists need to be aware of copyright issues - one needs express permission from a photographer to paint from their photos or people get mad and problems.  So, this is an alpaca from the NY Sheep and Wool Festival.  I took its photo in late 2012 but painted it just a month or so ago. 

The parade consisted of a number of llamas and alpacas, led by their owners around the Duchess County Fairgrounds.  At one point, I saw a woman running while leading a llama - they were trying to catch up with the parade and asking random people where the other llamas had gone.  That would have made a great picture, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment