Monday, February 3, 2014

Step off, winter


Last week I bought a hyacinth on a whim at Trader Joe's.  I stuck it in my kitchen window, and when I woke up this morning I was surprised to see not less than one inch of snow, but about three, and that my hyacinth was starting to bloom.  Perhaps we were both not expecting quite so much snow.  Tonight I used my handy dandy new paint set to capture its first day blooming in front of the snowy sky.

You may see some writing in the bottom right of the image.  I also keep a physical artist's journal for each day.   I normally punch holes in the side of whatever I paint for it, since they are typically quick and dirty paintings or sketches, and after working in museums it's fun to be able to beat up on your art, but out of deference to the electronic media I tipped it into the journal instead using masking tape.  I figure future conservators will thank me for providing work for thirty people when I am older.

No comments:

Post a Comment