Friday, February 14, 2014

Books!

Since I don't feel like painting tonight, I thought I'd let you take a look at my newest sketchbook.


I made the sketchbook cover from a pretty soapbox set I received at Christmas.  I learned how to use stab stitch to make it into a book from Esther K. Smith's marvelous How to Make Books.
My local membership library bought it after I requested it.  I made back my membership fees for that year!  She describes lots of ways to create your own books.  Next up for me will be a coptic sketchbook using chipboard I bought at Jerry's and some paper I marbled myself years ago.

Here's a look inside the front cover.
This could be called from my lips to God's ears.  It's actually some small exercises I did during a figure drawing class last week while the model took a break.  They are from Charles Reid's early figure painting book.  As is this eye.
Here's looking at you!



No comments:

Post a Comment