Sunday, February 2, 2014

Little steps, little paintings

This week I've decided to post something beautiful or something fun daily for the next year.  As such, I want to paint something new every day.  Like most artists, I enjoy owning art supplies, buying art supplies, and talking about supplies, and actually making art is fine, but no where near as fun as new toys.  When I found a tutorial (actually 60) about making a travel painting kit out of an Altoids tin, I realized this would be the best incentive to actually bring my toys with me and get painting done while I'm out and about.  Thank you to my colleague who a) didn't think it was weird when I jumped him in the break room asking for an Altoids tin I saw with him during a meeting and b) handing over said tin, after giving me my choice of three.

Eh voila, a painting tin!  Complete painting forthcoming...

For the nerds, the paint is Carmine, Rose Madder, Cad Red Light, Cad Yellow light, Aurelion; next row: Cerulean, Pthalo blue, Cobalt blue, Yellow ochre and Burnt Sienna.  Wanted to be able to paint portraits (cads and cerulean) and use the transparent triad (rose, aurelion, cobalt).  Handmade sketchbook and travel size brushes are looming behind the tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment