Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Guatemala sketchbook

Three years ago I took an excellent workshop with Bobbi Friedman called Journey Books.  We made our own sketchbooks, mainly accordion style books with pockets and inserts sewn in.  I've filled three, and I started one for Guatemala.
Tonight I thought I'd post some pictures from the smaller inserts.  I also paste interesting tickets and business cards onto these smaller pieces of paper.  This came from the shop of San Francisco el Grande church in Antigua.

I also drew chicken buses, which are old American schoolbuses which are pimped out and used as public transport in Guatemala.  Each one has a name. Here is Camelia:
I love the thunderbolt windshield wipers.  They are almost as nice as the Thundercats decal I saw on a Tuk Tuk.

The last page of this sketchbook is a sketch made for me by my friend Juan Carlos Calderon - it's beautiful.  Stop by my office and ask to see it!



No comments:

Post a Comment