Saturday, April 12, 2014

New York line drawings

Recently I started taking Danny Gregory's wonderful Sketchbook Skool.  If you can get over the somewhat excessive use of "k," it is a great, six-week course taught by different artists. Best of all, you have to post your work online which means this blog will be updated more regularly (she says).

Gregory says to draw everywhere, so I started on the train to New York.  Here is a passenger.
Next I drew a small, historic house wedged in among the brownstones in Gramercy. I was taken with its quaint appearance against the normal urban backdrop of fire escapes, tall buildings and the like.


Finally as I waited for my family to make their way over to the East Village and environs, I sketched St. George's Episcopal church in Stuyvesant Square.  We had attended service on Christmas Eve here many years ago, and I recall being surprised when there was a German Shepherd in the live nativity.
It's a gorgeous church, as is the other church in the parish, Calvary Church on Park Avenus South.

No comments:

Post a Comment